Paper One试卷一(90 minutes)
Part Ⅰ Listening Comprehension(20 minutes，15 points)(略)
Part Ⅱ Vocabulary(10 minutes，10 points)
Directions：In this section there are ten sentences，each with one word or phrase underlined. Choose the one from the four choices marked A，B，C and D that best keeps the meaning of the sentence. Then mark the corresponding letter on the ANSWER SHEET with a single line through the center.
16. Hague was elected as the Conservative Party leader partly because of his ambiguousviews on Britain’s position in relation to its partners in the European Union.
A. ambitious B. obscure C. appalling D. indifferent
17. Her story shows how gentle stubbornness and an indifference to honors and fame can lead to great achievements.
A. persuasion B. determination C. devotion D. reservation
18. We have a respon3sibility to ensure our nation’s continued prosperity and the mostsensible way to do this is by investment in basic scientific research.
A. effective B. efficient C. significant D. reasonable
19. All information reported to or likewise obtained by the commission is considered confidential.
A. in a similar way B. in another way
C. in a direct way D. in an unauthorized way
20. I would recommend this inn highly on account of its wonderful location.
A. as a result of B. because of
C. with regard to D. with a view to
21. Television advertisements do more than merely reflect dominant ideologies.
A. exactly B. faithfully C. repeatedly D. simply
22. The legislative provision has a great impact on the operations of the department.
A. law B. passage C. revision D. clause
23. In spite of a problem with the faulty equipment，some very useful work was accomplished.
A. imperfect B. temporary C. emergency D. reinstalled
24. Talks on climate change resumed in the German city of Bonn on July 16 to combatglobal warming.
A. focus on B. settle down C. fight against D. sum up
25. Bob believes that the invasion of the marketplace into the university is undermining fundamental academic values，and that we must act now to halt this decline.
A. lace B. plug C. cease D. digest