Paper One 试卷一
Part ⅠDialogue communication (10minutes, 10points)
Section A Dialogue completion
Directions: in this section, you will read 5 short incomplete dialogues between two speakers, each followed by 4 choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the answer that best suits the situation to complete the dialogue by marking the corresponding letter with a single bar across the square brackets on your machine-scoring ANSWER SHEET .
1. A: Bob, would you mind turning down the TV a little? I’m talking on the phone, and I’m having a hard time hearing.
A. Please forgive me.
B. Oh, sure! I’m sorry about that.
C. You should have told me earlier.
D. I’m sorry to hear about it.
2. A : Hi, I’m your neighbor in 405, next door. I’m Sunny Chan.
A. I moved here about a week ago.
B. Hope we could become good neighbors.
C. Hi! Everyone here seems very friendly.
D. Jill Kingston. Nice to meet you.
3. A: Could you run me over to the office? I’m late. My clock must be slow.
A. Yes, never mind. I would rather give you a lift.
B. All right. But you should buy a new clock.
C. It’s my pleasure. May I help you fix your clock, too?
D. Yeah, I’ll be glad to drop you off on my way to work.
4. A: I’m sorry. He’s not in his office.
A. Are you sure he will be back soon?
B. Would you like to leave a message?
C. Can you take a message for me?
D. Shall I call him sometime later?
5. A: Do you mind if I take off my jacket?
A. Of course not, make yourself at home.
B. Oh, it’s very kind of you to do so.
C. I’ll be happy if I can be of any help.
D. Yes, it’s pretty warm in here.